[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
GunAddicts.com - Member Forums • View topic - How to pay for the product, shipping, etc

How to pay for the product, shipping, etc

Support on the bidding and buying process.

How to pay for the product, shipping, etc

Postby newhunt » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:33 pm

How do purchasers pay for the following:

1) The product
2) Shipping

Unfortunately I couldn't find this info on the website.
I (along with a lot of people I am sure) don't feel comfortable mailing the seller a cheque, and would rather pay using a secure method (like PayPal).

Looking forward to the response...thanks!
newhunt

Re: How to pay for the product, shipping, etc

Postby SupportTeam » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 am

For methods of payment we highly recommend: EMT (email money transfer), personal cheque, certified cheque, postal money order, or paypal.

The advantage of EMT, is that you can send money to the seller instantly, and then they can start the process of having the registration of the firearm transfered to your name, and once completed by the CFC, can ship you the firearm.

Absolutely never mail cash! If it becomes lost, stolen, and never makes it to the receiver you are 100% at a loss without any option of recovering your funds!

If a seller says they will only accept cash after you purchase an item, do not complete the transaction and report the seller to us immediately. No deal is worth paying cash with the chance of your money disappearing.

Please also see more information on completing a transaction under the post titled 'Completing a transaction' at the top of this section on 'Bidding or Buying'. For your convenience, here is a direct link: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8
SupportTeam

Postby jessejamesb » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Well I cannot speak for all, but I have been accepting EMT (email money transfers, set up thru your online banking, fast and simple) Paypal ( whether pay with your own account or I have submitted invoice so you can pay with credit card if you do not have a paypal account) and of course M/O the mail the price and wait for Canada Post. Now for me I include the price of shipping to anywhere in Canada in my prices (reserve bids included once reserve is met) Others may charge a flat fee, or will actually charge what they get charged. Now like any online auction,sales sites I have been to is you pay first, before transfers and such are started then once clear by CFC the firearms are shipped. I have shipped and sold many guns online and have even bought a few and the process seems to work well.
jessejamesb

Postby HOOPAlingusHairy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Could the Seller list in thier Add which type of Payments are accepted? It would make it an easier decision to buy the Item. Maybe add a Shipping calculater also? Thanks, Bruce
HOOPAlingusHairy

Postby SupportTeam » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:51 pm

I definitely think it makes sense to include what payment options are preferred if there is room in the listing. You could indicate: EMT preferred - or - cheque only for example. Otherwise you can send a PM to the seller and ask.

We'll have to see about a shipping calculator, it would mean getting people to provide more input during a listing that would have to be pretty accurate as they would be obligated to calculated price. We'll definitely add it to our list of new features and enhancements.

Thank You,
- SupportTeam
SupportTeam

Postby vintage » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:31 pm

I will only use paypal and have already on this site. The transfer process is well underway and I expect my gun will be mailed soon. I bought the Carl Gustaf stads 1919 on here. I was a little scared at first to as there is no protection built into this site like say ebay. So I will only consider sales if the seller takes paypal or a in-person transaction can be completed.
vintage

Postby MATT » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Paypal actually shut my account down for selling guns. I now only take EMT (preferred) and Money Orders when I sell online.
MATT

Postby msgdrew » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:39 pm

I recommend you boycott PayPal and eBay and any other companies that are owned by the two they are both anti gun and will ban you for making payment or accepting payments with your PayPal account. Remember even though EMT is quick and easy there is no protection built into it... once you send that money from your account it cannot be reversed or recovered. I speak from experience after being scammed myself, even with local police and RCMP enrolment we could not recover the money.

We accept emts in the hundreds and never have had a problem because I am a reliable and reputable business... my customers feel safe sending me money. I recommend you get an address and phone number before sending money to anyone you don’t know...
Specializing in Pistol & Rifle Bullets for Reloading.
Website http://www.reloaders.ca/
Contact Info@reloaders.ca
msgdrew

Return to Bidding or Buying